Friday, April 29, 2022

[Got Lolita and Fixing Items] BtSSB Heart Watch



Today, mailman senpai brought light to this home: a Baby, the Stars Shine Bright Heart Watch!


This watch was released in February 2014 inside a "mook" (that, for what I've heard, only contained four pages, covers included). Unluckily for me, when I found the watch for sale, the mook was longer gone, but my luck is that the watch itself was in Brazil, and it's only what matters!
I was really needing a watch, because you know, reasons!
First of all, I'm a total brandwh*re, so that's what I use to justify like 99% of my purchases.
Second, since I traveled to the capital earlier this month, I realized it is becoming impossible to use phones on the street, unless if you want to be robbed. That occasion in special, I was walking on the street with my husband and we just stopped one second (exactly one second!!!) to decide where should we go and we already were approached by a man with not very good intentions, if you want to know (the guy was literally following us and we didn't even realized until we stopped and he just appeared in our front in the same second). So, thinking about that too, I decided to buy a watch so I reduce the times I take my phone off my pocket or bag to see what time is it. And then, I found a Baby, the Stars Shine Bright watch, so that was the call of heaven saying "go for it!!!!".
As you can see - or not, this photo is terrible! - the watchband is something between a bordeaux and a brown color. Personally, I prefer to not say what I think about Baby choosing this damn color, in the middle of the OTT sweet boom, to a very sweet watch, because it surely don't match a sweet lolita wardrobe very well, unless the person in question is classic, but if they made this for classic lolitas, it could be made in something more elegant rather than cute.
 As time passed by, the fake leather started peeling off and the battery went just dead, but it wasn't a problem because it is fixable. So today, as soon as it arrived, I took it to the repair shop. When we arrived there, we found out that the machinery also wasn't working, even changing the battery, probably because the old battery leaked inside the watch. Luckily, they had batteries, the machinery and the pink watchband, so the watch is like new now and in the way I wanted, pink! And it was very cheap to fix, so I am very happy with the result!
If you look really close, you can see the BtSSB logo in the middle of the watch! It is so tiny, but it is so cute. It's like a big secret!
The most crazy part is that, when I buy something damaged I am more happy to fix the item than to own it. I don't know if I am just too emo or whatever, but I feel like the things have feelings too and they look so much happier when we put some love to make them better. The watch really look happier now than before! I hope it likes its new home ❤

2 comments:

  1. I think I never read truer words XD of course things have feelings... I mean, I fix dolls at my Doll Hospital so of course my opinion is biased, hahaha, but I really believe that things deserve to be well treated and that they are happier when well kept. You did a lovely job on that watch! It is even cuter in pink than it was before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much! I really liked it more in pink than in the other color ^^

      Delete

Welcome!
I love reading your comments! They make my day and make me inspired to post new things!