Wednesday, February 9, 2022

[Sewing] Altering a JSK into a skirt



Today I finally finished the alteration I was working in since last month!

 
I was asked to alter this JSK into a bigger size skirt, as its size is a little bit small. It was my first time doing a big alteration like that, so I am very proud of the result.
I forgot to take photos of the before, so I'll post the stock photo instead.
As the dress has a relatively small amount of fabric in the skirt, even for its size, it was necessary to add some room, which I choose to do by adding a bustle pannel. Ruffling chiffon was the worst part, but also it came out so beautifully!
My mannequin is small for the size of the skirt (it is small even for me), so just ignore it.

I hope the owner loves the result as I do!

2 comments:

  1. Ficou demais! Muito criativa essa idéia para complementar o tecido! Você costura tão bem, ansiosa pela volta da sua linda! 💕

    ReplyDelete

Welcome!
I love reading your comments! They make my day and make me inspired to post new things!