Saturday, July 25, 2026

[Customization] Melissa Jelly Pop bag

Hello~

Since I am leaning towards a more mature - yet elegant - style lately in lolita, I needed a matching bag for that. The color I needed was a champagne-like golden, exactly the one I have in my Melissa x Vivienne Westwood Three Straps Elevated shoes. That's when I find the Melissa Jelly Pop bag - a lollipop shaped children backpack. I didn't wanted a sweet bag - I wanted something mature, and of course, not a backpack for that - no, that's too casual for such princess' dresses. So, I saw someone say you could use the bag as a crossbody bag, buckling the two straps together. I decided to give it a try, and see in person if it matches my dresses or not. 
How displeasant was my surprise when it came with only one backpack strap! The seller said nothing about that, and I ended up with a good for fucking nothing bag. I could technically return it, but the color was so pretty I decided to take some risks and customize it, since the price was below what it usually costs.
My husband took all the melty part and the lollipop stick off. I used the leftovers of the lonely strap to make the loopholes for the hardware, and for the strap, I used a pearl one I bought at Daiso. The bag looked so cute plain, but I still had to deal with the backpack holes, so I used the strap to make a bow and cover all that shit up.
This is the final result, and I'm glad I modified it!
Do you like it? I think it captures the classic vibe so well! And now it matches SO MANY DRESSES! It's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!
I love reading your comments! They make my day and make me inspired to post new things!