Thursday, November 16, 2023

My top 5 best outfits of 2023



My dear friend Emily suggested me to make a post with my favorite and my least favorite outfit of 2023.
I was thinking about the subject, and while I have many favorites in 2023, I don't consider any of them bad enough to be worth of a mention, since the "poorer" ones were just simple outfits I wore to class or for mundane things, which isn't a problem at all, especially in hot days - which are very often in this city I live-, so, instead of it, I decided talking about my top five outfits!


5. Super ultra casual

Point of fashion: this BtssB camisole

To be really, really honest, I own this camisole since I was at University - almost a decade ago -, and I was never able to pull a decent coord with it, until this year, when I had the amazing idea of making this skirt with leftover fabric I had at home. Both seems to make a really good pair, and since then I enjoy coording them together. I already wore this outfit before - with straight hair and a pair of Rocking Horse Shoes -, but I think I loved it more with curly hair, because the curly hair makes the plastic BtSSB headband pop up more. The only thing I would change on this outfit is probably the footwear, going for Rocking Horse shoes instead.

4. Sweet classic look

Point of fashion: diamond pattern socks

This is an outfit I repeat from time to time, changing a thing or two.
This time I wore it with diamond pattern socks, which gave a kinda dolly look.
I really love this dress, so just for this reason this look should be on my top 5.
I also added more bow energy to the outfit, tying up the waistbands by the side, on the front of the dress.

3. Head over Heels

Point of fashion: Ivory royalty

I always feel head over heels when I wear an outfit with this dress, and this outfit in particular is one of my favorite ones. My pride in this outfit goes to this offbrand mini hat, that probably was to Carnaval or some costume party, that I found on a normal store in the kids section. This hat in the right head can give a very chic touch. 
I like the gradient effect this outfit has, starting with white, then ivory, then colorful tones of lavender, blue and pink, ending up with dusty rose accents with gold details.

2. The problem is YOU! So what are you gonna do?

Point of fashion: polkadots and tartan

I remember I was listening to Sex Pistols like crazy in this day.
I like the messy hair and the dark makeup, and it was something that I went out of my comfort zone to do, since I think I don't look my best with dark makeup.
This is an outfit I am really proud of, since it looks less polished and more raw. I like it. Less matchy-matchy, more something I would wear to a punk rock show.

1. AP royalty, but is Bodyline

Point of fashion: blue and pink

And this is my favorite of this year (so far). 
This print is so busy it reminds me of AP's Suya Suya Toys for whatever reason, and one day I saw someone coording Suya Suya in navy with pink and that looked oh so amazing, that I had the idea of trying on this dress (Bodyline L518). After all, this dress was an impulse buy, so I had to justify to myself having spent money on it with a wider range of possibilities when talking about coordinations.
I still want to find other colors to match this print, so far I have thought about red. Do you have any suggestions on colors I could try coordinating?
Anyway, these were my top 5. Do you have a top 5 outfits of this year too?

2 comments:

  1. Gostei muito desse formato de retrospectiva! Adorei olhar os outfits dessa forma e ver suas justificativas.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome!
I love reading your comments! They make my day and make me inspired to post new things!