Tuesday, December 19, 2023

[Crafts] Bed center board



This is the project I am currently working at!
To give some backstory, here in Brazil the new furniture you find at stores is totally awful and trash. We had a bed we bought few years ago, of these new models, and it was literally falling appart. It was like a fruit crate covered in some fabric. Awful.

Well, as I am a lolita, I NEED to sleep in a princess bed, of course, so I searched for a wood bed at Facebook Marketplace. We found one, and travelled so far to get it home. My husband painted it white, and it was only missing the center part. We tried to comission this part from a specialized store, but they took so long to answer - like months - that my patience went to the drain and I decided to make one myself.

Of course it isn't perfect, but it's better than nothing. I am actually proud of myself, because I don't think the guy we hired would make it better than we did. And I am learning to deal with my trauma that I always feel that I am not good enough to make things. Fuck perfection, I am now learning to go directly to action.

2 comments:

  1. GURL this is beyond pretty! You did an amazing job fixing it, I doubt anyone could have done better than this *O*
    and this is a great motto for 2024 - fuck perfection, let's get into action :D we can do whatever we want to!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much!
      This year I want to make my home as cute as possible!

      Delete

Welcome!
I love reading your comments! They make my day and make me inspired to post new things!