Wednesday, January 25, 2023

[Lolita 52 Challenge] How I get out of a wardrobe slump



Today's theme from Lolita 52 Weeks Challenge is "How I get out of a wardrobe slump".
Unfortunately, getting on a wardrobe slump is something very easy, especially if you wear lolita often or if you don't have a big wardrobe. So, here are some of the things I do when I get in one!

1. Look for inspiration!

Usually you get tired of your wardrobe because you think you have already done every single coording option with it, so the best thing is look for inspiration! Doing this in mainstream fashion is harder, but in lolita fashion this task becomes easy because, unless it is an exclusive model/print or something handmade or made especially for you, probably someone has coorded this exact model/ print before.
My favorite places to look for inspiration are old lolita magazines and Tumblr, with Tumblr being the number one I like to search!

2. Maybe it is time to buy new clothes?

That can sound ridiculous, especially if you already have a wardrobe big enough for a lolita army wear everyday, but sometimes a new cardigan or a new blouse in a different pattern can give a level up to your coord. And you don't need to go expensive in here; maybe you can find something very interesting thrifting!
That can be the time you can consider doing a small closet cleaning, and trading items with other lolitas! Something new in your wardrobe can make you inspired to try new things!

3.Maybe it is the weather!

I realized some of the times I get unspired to try anything new is because the weather, especially when it is too hot to just think about existing, imagine wearing layers in lolita. If you can, buy a versatile dress that can be worn without a blouse, so you have more options in that day. Make the coord pop with a different hair style and more accessories instead of one hundred layers!

 

And you, how do you get out a wardrobe slump?

4 comments:

  1. They are all good suggestions! The number 1 is the one I follow more often and I confess I've never thought how weather could affect my inspiration (but it does, and a lot!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The weather really makes us think twice about wearing something more elaborate!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, this is super helpful, and the last one is really comforting. I´m getting out of a slump right now, so this came at the right time :D.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome!
I love reading your comments! They make my day and make me inspired to post new things!