Tuesday, January 3, 2023

[OOTD and Sewing] Elegant defiant brown



Outfit I am wearing today.

Outfit
Headpiece: made by me
Blouse: thrifted - customized by me
Cameo: Bodyline
Birdcage necklace: made by me
JSK: Bodyline L087
Socks: Innocent World
Shoes: Cotton Candy Feet
Bag: Cotton Candy Feet
 

Rewinding the tape a little, back to the day I got this dress, I had a huge deception when I realized NOTHING matched it. Especially in the headpiece section, not even offwhite gave the balance I needed - the brown is a wine-ish brown, so chocolate looks off and dark brown looks horrendous. Then, after waiting the whole weekend of New Year, there I went to the store, to try finding something in its color to make a damn headthing.



First, I got the satin ribbons, and I was so lucky to find a near shade. Then, went to a utility store to buy roses - and found some pretty decent quality ones; I didn't had much luck in the fabric store - I think the shop girl was afraid I would rob the store (imagine me, running down the street with a fabric roll lol), because she didn't let me browse the fabrics alone, and wanted to shove down my throat any brown shit shade of fabric she could find, claiming that it was """""tone over tone"""", and wanting to see the photo of the dress to see the color, even I giving her the bow from the dress that is an accurate sample of the fabric because IT IS the dress' fabric. Tone over tone her ass, and I am crazy to go back into that store to punch that disgrace in the face because I still mad.


Well, this is the finished product of my angry afternoon:
I am very happy with the result, especially I was so angry wnen I made it I could stab someone with the scissors.


4 comments:

  1. Oh I feel that so bad😅🤣 Last weekend I went shopping for clothes with my boyfriend for his new job, and in one store where we wanted to find a coat there was one shop lady basically stuck to our ass, talking nonstop and sharing her opinion on how every single coat looks so good or so not good on my bf. She really wanted him to buy what she thought was best, and even put away the clothes we picked out that we liked, because it didn’t fit him in her opinion.

    Anyway, I think you look great in Classic Lolita, very sophisticated :D The headpiece looks lovely, and I must admit I didn’t expect how well the red of your hair looks with the dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I am sorry for this, some people can be really annoying ;-;
      Aww thank you so much, I am still learning how to coord Classic <3

      Delete
  2. It really piss me off when a shop lady/guy treat me like that. I can imagine how stressful it was. But in the end you did a great job and made a pretty headdress. And this girl up on comments is right: it really matches your hair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got surprised that it looked so good in that shade of red hair!

      Delete

Welcome!
I love reading your comments! They make my day and make me inspired to post new things!