Friday, November 6, 2020

[Lolita Game] Style Savvy for NDS


Today I paused my studies, because as Mc Melody Doll said, "study nihongo, your brain will turn to mush", and here I am, with mush instead of a brain, and came here a minute to show you my new addiction: Style Savvy!


Style Savvy is a game from 2008 for Nintendo DS, but it has more games for other ds devices. It's a very addictive dress up game, that despite not being exclusively lolita, it has many options of lolita clothes to wear!
I discovered Style Savvy as soon as I got interested in Nintendo DS earlier this year. I bought all Poupée Girl DS games in Japan (but because of damn covid they still there), bought a DS Lite to play them, and wanted to know if there were more lolita games out there for this device. Then I came across Style Savvy, but didn't bought it at first. 
Last week I came across a @cottoncandykid's Instagram story about it, and asked her if the game really had lolita clothes, and as she confirmed it, I bought it!
I was very lucky it was available in Brazil to purchase!

 Long story short, you get hired by a store, and as you get good at sales the mysteryous owner ends giving you your own store, for you to sell whatever clothes you want there. As you sell some brands, you unlock musics for your store and complete decorations.

The lolita part that matters: you have kinda two "lolita" brands there: Raven Candle, which sells gothic clothes and also "petticoat" skirts and dresses, and lolita headwear, footwear and socks as well, and for us of the pink side of the force, Marble Lily, which sells pink clothes, more sweet lolita style. Personally I wouldn't call them THE Angelic Pretty of the game, since the clothes remember a mix of Pink House and Heart E, but it is cute anyway!

In my store I decided I would have a Marble Lily inspired scenario (the scenario that looks like a lolita shop), and wanted to sell only lolita clothes, which means Raven Candle and Marble Lily, but I discovered in the worst way possible that even if you set a style for your store, you will always have some normies wanting sport clothes, boho clothes and who knows, a pair of rainboots! Ocasionally some lolitas come here and buy the whole mannequin of lolita clothes, but in the most part the lolita clothes get unsold in the store *gasps*.

You also can go to a Fashion Contest, or buy makeup, or go to hairdresser and change your hairstyle and color of your hair, or go to the Market to buy more clothes for your store. You can also dress up yourself (the character of course lol) in your apartment. It is a very simple game but it is very addictive!
I can't say much more about the game because it is my third day playing, so it will be a surprise for you and me if something more happens there! But I am really liking the game, I wish I didn't have a test today to play so much!
I got lucky because the store I bought the game gave me a discount coupon, and they had the 3DS Style Savvy, so even don't owning that device *yet*, I ended up buying the game before it was sold out. So I will have to buy a 3DS device too hahahaha. But it will totally worth it!

2 comments:

  1. Omg Style Savvy is one of my favourite games! ^^ I think you got the only version I haven't played; My friend lended me Trendsetters and I bought the latest one which is Styling Star for the 3DS! ^^ The more recent one have a lot more options and new designs for "Lolita" type clothing, I really recommend it! ^w^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! I got Trendsetters this week! I can't wait to play it! Now I have to find a pink 3DS to buy! I will try to find the Styling Star too ❤❤❤❤

      Delete

Welcome!
I love reading your comments! They make my day and make me inspired to post new things!