Friday, May 7, 2021

[Customization] Dark brown bolero


Last post I've told you about the fiasco that was this purchase, so in this post I will show you how the bolero looks like after the customization!

It was like this when I received:
And it had some holes in one of the arms; not sure if it was burned or if it was a dog bite.
Well, so I started working on these holes. I fixed the holes by handstitches. Then I tried to undo the seams of the arms and sew by machine, but it was so tight and not working, so I decided to stitch the lace on it by hand too. I placed a cardboard inside it so it would be easier to sew.
 Then I sewed some lace on the collar part. At this point I thought the bolero was too plain, so I decided to sew on it a velveteen ribbon I had here from another project.
And that is the final result! I think it looks very good! Of course it isn't 100% perfect, as the bolero came very damaged, but I think I did the best possible to make it wearable again.
I am also happy because all the materials were leftovers (if you stop to think, even the bolero, as it was very damaged) so I gave them another use. Upcycling, yeah!
But you know? It looks so much better in real life than in photos. I confess it wouldn't be a piece I would buy with the purpose of coordinating with something I have, but finished it gives a very different and interesting look to this dress that I wear like all the time, so it's one more option to coord it. I am also happy that it matches my CCF bag and shoes in dark brown!

2 comments:

  1. Ficou muito lindinho, também gostei muito de como ele ficou com esse vestido e a bolsa. Parabéns!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome!
I love reading your comments! They make my day and make me inspired to post new things!