Thursday, May 6, 2021

[Got Lolita] Offbrand finds


So last weeks I got very depressed and thought a shopping spree would be of some help.
Fun fact, it wasn't. But I might repeat the process to see if the results change haha!
These are some of the things I bought! A red silk blouse and a brown bolero. All offbrand, from a second hand site, as I can't walk down the thrift store's aisle.
I got very excited with this blouse that the day I bought it I couldn't even sleep thinking about the possibilities of coords! Finally it arrived so I could confirm my initial thought: it was PERFECT for lolita!
Lately it's been so hard to find a red blouse in the second hand lolita market! I think it was a color that wasn't released that much, plus maybe with the Honey Cake boom everyone is looking for one!
It looks amazing with my prints with a similar red! Red is a problematic color in lolita because, as lavender, you never find the same shade. But at least with a few prints it will work out well!
I made a coord with Star Night Theater and it looked very good!
While the red blouse was a perfect match, I can't say the same of the bolero... Besides it not being the same shade I thought - I shooted in chocolate brown and it came dark brown-, it came dirty and with holes. I can't even ask for a refund because it was so cheap it would not even worth the fuel I was going to spend going to post office to send it back. So, I think I will try to fix it and decorate it. Luckily it matches a bag and shoes from Cotton Candy Feet I have in dark brown. I don't have like not even 5 pieces that match that color in my wardrobe, but maybe it is an opportunity to expand it beyond the sweet/sweet ott/oldschool wardrobe that I own, to add one more style, sweet classical. Let's see the next chapters of this story, but I wouldn't feel bad if I bought some IW dresses to match these, hehe.
Hope it looks good when I finish customizing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!
I love reading your comments! They make my day and make me inspired to post new things!