Friday, March 12, 2021

[Sewing] Pink gingham boater hat!


Since the beginning of the year I am trying to buy a boater hat second hand to avoid buying internationally, but with no success. Both times I tried the sellers didn't send the hat, so after some time I would receive my money back. I was almost giving up on buying a hat, until I searched for it again and luckily found not one, but two boater hats for the same price I paid for the previous sellers!
 
I really liked the material of the hats! The only issue is that their brim was too large, so I removed the previous sewing, cut it in the size I wanted and sew it again. I didn't use a single drop of glue in this project; everything was sewn, both by machine and by hand.
The best part is that all the materials are leftovers; the gingham fabric was leftover of my curtains, the lace was from a pair of handmade wristcuffs I received that had lace in two different colors, the flowers were a small leftover of a previous project and the hat is second hand, so I am glad everything now have a good use.
I just don't know what color should I decorate the other hat. I am thinking about ivory or offwhite or black.

2 comments:

  1. Ficou super lindinho! Eu também tenho estado bem interessada nesse tipo de chapéu, por aqui onde moro é muito quente, tem um sol para cada habitante e eu não me protejo disso. Acho que para o outro, marfim ou preto ficaria ótimo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada! Com esse calor é super legal usar chapéu!

      Delete

Welcome!
I love reading your comments! They make my day and make me inspired to post new things!