Monday, March 6, 2023

[Manga] Lolita Meshi



Lolita Meshi is a manga I accidentaly came across on internet, so I had to register it here for the future lolita generations. This is not a synopsis or a review, mainly because I couldn't get my hands on the second volume translated, so I'll be telling the story as far as could understand.


The title, translated poorly by me, can mean "lolita meal". It is a manga by Okano Kuko, available in two volumes. In it, we are introduced to Natsuko Tsurugi, 20, also known as Rin. Rin is addicted to lolita fashion for at least half a year, and she has a dilemma: she tries to keep the lolita appearance of eating only sweets (maybe she took it of Kamikaze Girls? Lacks sources), but what she really likes is eating compulsively large "non cute" meals, such as Katsudon. She eats in a very strange way, that looks a little bit like she is having an org*sm, so much that older people stares at her eating with some kind of surprise.

In a strange way, Tanaka Fuyuya, 20, ends up a little bit interested on her, while seeing her eating with her fellow lolitas in a canteen, and he starts to wonder more about her eating habits, as she says to her friends she only eats sweets. After the meet and still hungry, Rin ends stopping on a restaurant, where Tanaka happens to work, and he starts to have more interest on what the girl is doing, eating compulsively. Surprisingly, for a third time, she ends up in the same place that he is eating, and his interest keeps growing more and more...


I really hope the second volume be translated soon, it was a very fun reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!
I love reading your comments! They make my day and make me inspired to post new things!