Friday, March 24, 2023

[Lolita 52 Challenge] Trends I thought I loved, but now I'm not too keen on




Today's theme of the 52 weeks challenge is: Trends I thought I loved, but now I'm not too keen on.
Don't know if I can call the following items as "trends", but they annoy me, so I am going to talk about them.

1. Wigs. At first I thought they were a super great option for changing hair without having trouble, but as the time was passing by, I realized THEY were a trouble. Too hot, too heavy, too uncomfortable. I'm too old to wear uncomfortable things.

2. Rocking Horses. Yeah, you are going to hear me complaining about them, and you know what? I will still complain and still keep them in my wardrobe because I like their aesthetic, but not all the times I fall on the street because of them. Melissa x VW ones are a hell of one kilogram per foot, and everytime I fall off them I can swear I can't say if I broke my ankle or not. But it hurts. A LOT.

3. Mary Janes. I swear these are not from God. I bought a pair from a local brand and omg how am I supposed to walk in something that hurts so much. It is impossible that there is not one single option of oldschool aesthetic shoes that don't fucking kill my feet.

4. Gloves. Stay classic as if your smartphone didn't exist, because that's what Victorians fucking do. I hate gloves, I lose all my touch when I wear them, from lace gloves to winter gloves. I just hate it so much. Plus they get dirty so easily, kinda gross, ew. Searched so much for a pair of lace gloves and I don't wear it at all because I think it is so annoying

5. Multi-purses coord. That looked so awesome when I started the fashion, seeing all those clones wearing two bags (a pony and a heart shaped hand bag) plus a totebag or a brand shopping bag, and a parasol, and there was still room for holding each others' hands. Now, I still think it is cute, but impractical as hell. Will I use bags like this someday? Probably, just after mentally calculating the best way to take them off to go to a public restroom or planning to go to the best restrooms I can find.

And you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!
I love reading your comments! They make my day and make me inspired to post new things!